Onboard Experience


Good and Bad Experience Onboard


Hello, its me Syafiq. Back again with another story of my life at sea. Today  I would like to talk about my good and bad experiences onboard during my 12 months seatime.




I guess i'll start with what's not necessarily bad,but probably not the best moments onboard.
First off, it's he part when you first sign on to a ship. I was scared, don't know what to expect, and worst knowing i have to be away from my family for quite sometime. I suppose it's the same for everyone when moving in someplace new. Luckily my officers are quite friendly and they really took the effort to share their knowledge.



The second one is engaging in an operation for the first time, especially whenever my captain wanted me to manouvre the ship. It is risky for someone to manoeuvre a ship without familiarising oneself with the manoeuvring characteristics.



Now let’s move on to the good experience on board. The first one is being able to go places you have never been before. Let’s face it, not everyone gets the opportunity to go out to middle of the sea and experience what it’s like to be so far away from everyone else.



Lastly, this is my favourite part by the way, to be able to sip a warm cup of coffee and chatting with the ship’s crew and my fellow cadets after finishing my duties every single day while watching the sun goes down on the horizon.






Comments