Leadership Qualities Learned On board Ship


own


I am very glad to say that i have managed to finished 365 days on board ship completing my practical. Working on board ship is not an easy job and not everyone would be able to cope up with that type of situation. At first, being on board ship was difficult for me as it is a completely different situation. Every seaman is a leader. To work on board ship, seaman has to have some leadership qualities on board.
Being as a trainee on board ship made me learn to adapt to some leadership qualities.
First of all, I learned to build up my communication skills during on board as it is important skill for a leader. So, I learned to how to communicate effectively with other people. During mooring operation and navigation, we as a seaman should communicate effectively in order to make critical decisions immediately to avoid accidents. Poor communication will cause accidents.

I learned to stand with integrity during my work. As a good leader, my chief mate use to be truthful to his job and give his best to the ship. Integrity  willsave from many trouble.When my ship was at the dock, gained a lot of experience from there. I really admire my chief mate because he is a leader who looks forward. I learned how to look forward and think about the consequences before deciding something.

own


own



Comments